I am a freelance writer famliar with editorial, advertorial, interview, feature, and opinion writing, as well as copywriting and grant writing. I am an activitst that has written extensively about political and social issues related to gender and race, education and literacy and am interested in new opportunities for professional and creative writing,
M.A. English, Queen’s University 2005-2006
- Awarded SSHRC and Ontario Graduate Scholarship, 2006; Trevor C. Holland Fellowship, Queen’s Graduate Award, 2005; Graduate English Society fundraiser
Honors B.A. English and B.A. Classics, University of Colorado 2001-2005
- Graduated Summa cum Laude, with distinction, Dean’s list; Honors Program and English Honors Society
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills
- Published by the CBC, Feminist Current, Teaching Life, and Herizons
- Contributing writer for World Education Services Advisor Blog and the Lance
- Motivated and organized self-starter with critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office, Outlook, Adobe, Twitter, and WordPress
- Extensive editing experience, inc. a book, Critical Issues in Peace and Conflict Studies, and editing articles and reports for departments/faculty at University of Manitoba;
- Developed new website for Manitoba Training Program, including writing all site content, promotional materials, and forms;
- Regular contributor to Prairie Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre newsletter, write annual reports for department, write for departmental newsletter and profiles at University of Manitoba;
- Acting Admissions Officer in the Faculty of Graduate Studies in 2014: wrote and implemented a new procedures manual, and developed and led Admissions presentations for staff and faculty at training workshops;
Quality Assurance and Copyright Specialist, Extended Education, University of Manitoba, 2017-present
- Review and edit all course content written for the Extended Education department, which is submitted by external academics and experts in the field.
- Copyedit all content and check for any copyrighted material that may be included, included requesting permissions from creators and publishers, and maintaining records for university.
Program Coordinator, Manitoba Training Program for Health Services Research, Community Health Sciences, University of Manitoba, 2015-present
- Prepare presentations for board meetings and ministry stakeholders, in addition to writing reports for Department of Community Health Sciences, funding partners, and other communications for student, stakeholders, faculty, and administration.
Student Program and Admissions Assistant, Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Manitoba, 2009 – 2015
- Regularly consulted on the development of departmental regulations and collaborated on the implementation of procedures and guidelines for new graduate program policies.
Awards Assistant, Financial Aid and Awards, University of Manitoba, 2007 – 2009
- Communicated with students, staff, faculty, and donors about awards selection procedures and terms of reference.
- Wrote and gave presentations to parents and students and managed awards communications at information booths for student and recruitment events.
Office Assistant, Mauro Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of
- Managed various projects, including updating mailing lists and databases for contacts and attendees, event planning for Sol Kanee lecture, copy editing, preparing posters and publications for events and lectures, and researching grant opportunities for the Centre and for events, such as the Storytelling Festival.
Coordinator of Special Projects, Apartment and Housing Service, Queen’s
- Executed a number of projects, mostly written, such as drafting standard departmental procedures and policies in accordance with university and provincial guidelines; creating operating procedural manuals for staff; and records management.